What we do
HCL is a Victorian built primary school that has been renovated and upgraded.
Open 51 weeks a year, HCL provides accommodation for a Nursery, a professional kitchen and community Café and a flexible space with rooms to hire for a range of activities providing educational and health and social activities such as hosting community meetings and refugee services, a venue for blood transfusion services and a polling station, ESOL and adult learning and social events, bingo and lunch clubs and dancing classes all aimed at combating social isolation, loneliness and anxiety.
An additional modern building has been completed which houses our Nursery’s Baby Unit and accommodation for a Neighbourhood Centre run by Lancashire County Council that provides services including a Children & Families Wellbeing service and NHS midwifery.
- A hub for community use, access and social prescribing services
- Activities, services and group events that are designed to relieve loneliness, social isolation, anxiety and mental wellbeing for the elderly
- Services and spaces, internal and external, that provide comfort and relief for people living with dementia and their carers
- Catering that provides healthy affordable meals for those who are disadvantaged, economically and socially deprived
- Good quality early years education and nursery services from 0-5yrs with excellent links to local primary schools
- A centre for outside agencies to provide their services within the community: Adult learning classes, weight watchers, baby fit classes, theatre and drama classes for young people, blood donation, a Polling station, yoga, diabetes awareness groups and drop in sessions for refugees and asylum seekers